Google

Monday, October 1, 2007

Trip to Asian Civilisation Museum

Happy Children Day!!!

Brought my kids to Asian Civilisation Museum at Empress Place & it was a scary experience there. We started off by visiting Level 2 & there was a group of Tourist & their guide is explaining to them about the display. When we reached the "China section", there were 2 huge (huge!) statues of the Hell Gods & these really frightened my kids. So we left the room & proceed to Level 3.

We walked into the SE Asia room & were surprised that there was no one & a kind of eerie feeling came into us & we were so scare (of cos I tried to stay calm) that we found the nearest exit & walked down the stairs, upon reaching Level 1 we found that it was an emergency exit & if we forced open the door, the alarm will ring & at the same time, my handphone rang (alamak who call me at this time??? It was my colleague & he wanted to tell me about the reorg...but this is not the right time to talk). We ran up to Level 2 & exit through the main staircases & had a good rest at the lobby. Hiaz, I think it is not a good idea to bring young kids to the museum where they have scary thoughts of the things they looked at (esp when we first reach the place, we heard a boy telling his mother that it is so scary & my kids started to ask me, "Mummy, is it scary in there?"), though I have reassured them that these are displays & there is nothing to worry about... ...

After all the excitement, we took a walk to the Esplanade Park & took some pictures there & left for home.

"Aiyah, so lame, must well stay at home to play computer..." - commented by the kids. My effort wasted??? Hope not, at least they knew what is in Asian Civilisation Museum.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

really scary huh? been wanting to go also. but after hearing what you wrote - maybe not. is this scary than haw par villa?

Chin Family of 6 said...

Errr...actually is not so scary lah, just that the statues are so much taller & bigger than my kids. Plus the place is air-conditioned & no one inside the room & dunno why we are so scare...hahaha.

Haw Par Villa is ok, though is abit dark in the 10 Halls of Hell & there is still other tourists around, we managed to go thru one by one & not being afraid.