Google

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Being observant ...

Sent Randson to Morris Allen class at 8.30am & had my breakfast at Burger King (all by myself) - still dare not eat alone at the coffeeshop though I'm a mother of 4. It was a different kind of experience this morning, I can have my food all to myself (used to share with Allyson) & sipping my tea while looking at the passer-by. Brought 2 Ratatouille watches (one for Randson & another for Nickson) & a mini doll house for Allyson as Children's Day present. Johnson has asked for an A-cash card, probably I'll get it tomorrow or Monday as I have to rush back to office after Randson's class.


Again, I was back to office at 11.30am after leaving for home at 12.30am this morning. We were joking among ourselves, anyway it was morning why bother to go back home at midnight. Upon reaching the building, the security guard greeted me with a friendly smile & asked, "No lorry today?" Wow, he knew that I'm the one whom travelled to work by lorry & most probably I'm the only one alighted at the lobby from a lorry every morning. I told him, "no, no lorry today, want lorry must come early" - his simple question has brightened my day & I wore a smile while entering the lift. Isn't it good that someone do know things about you?


It is kind of my habit to greet the security guard every morning where I feel it is kind of hard work for them to stand near the entrance ensuring that everyone comes in with a badge. Last week, another guard greeted me with a smile & said, "Wow, today so early". I was shocked & true enough I'm early that day reaching office at about 8.10am. I told him, "ya, my child went to school early today". Another smiling face ...


In fact, life is so much better with these kind gestures!!!


There was this guard whom has a fierce look & I started to say "goodbye" to him whenever I see him in the evening & in fact he returned by saying "goodbye" to me with a smile. He would have felt the same way as I do too (existences)!!! Then one day, he probably has a haircut & shaved away his moustache... wow he looked fresh & great when I see him in the morning but I was too stunned to comment on that except a simple "good morning". So that same evening, I told him "good, handsome" with my thumbup & I can see a wide (shy) smile on his face... GREAT!!!


Life can be boring at times & everyone are tired after a day's work & might not noticed the changes that have taken place around us. Why don't we slow down our pace & look around... ... perhaps cheer someone up by praising them or show them that you do notice their changes.


(Btw, when I told my colleagues about the above, they laughed, "you really recognise every security guards? I only know there is one guard there & I only show them my badge"... ... give up!)

No comments: