Google

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Meet the parent session

Finally the day has come!!! Took a day off to collect report books from the school, it was like playing musical chairs. Getting my kids to queue in their respective classes so that we can save time in queuing up one by one to see the teachers.

Started off with Johnson's class as it has the shortest queue & within the next 5 mins I got to see his teacher (relieve teacher as his form teacher is away on exam leave). He started by telling me he couldn't comment much about Johnson's behaviour as he is the relieve teacher (hiaz, now I know why the queue is so short). Luckily he failed 1 subject by 0.5 point whereby the teacher told me, they wouldn't adjust any marks for Mid Year.

Then we went to Nickson's class & I got a shock out of my life, Nickson failed 2 subjects & scored only 30 marks for Maths!!! Whereby we realised that the school make a mistake in the report book, he has scored 60 instead of 30, otherwise Nickson will get a "big" piece of my mind. Actually I didn't know the school will make this kind of mistake but anyway we are human, human do make mistakes.

Next station, Randson's class... ... all failed. His Chinese failed badly & his English & Maths are 48 & 46 respectively, though is borderline fail is still consider as failure. Must work harder ok!!!

Though my kids didn't do well in their studies (actually not bad already except their Chinese), I'm glad that teachers do give good comments about their behaviours in school which I'm quite proud of it. Keep it up, boys!!!

Maybe by keeping down my anger over the last few days, I didn't scold them on their results but we sat down to work out a plan on how to get this resolved, ie confirmed getting them a tutor to monitor/coach/make sure they STUDY!!!

3 comments:

Cuisine Paradise said...

Haiz.. I knew how STRESS u are! A few more years later will be your gal's turn in school.... Jai You!

Chin Family of 6 said...

Yalor, another 3 years! Sometimes I look at Pamy's & your blog...I can get scare too. Reyon & Sherri are so advance in study & writing already compared to Allyson.

Cuisine Paradise said...

Haiz... it's a big different ma.. cos we are fulltime SAHM with only one kid. U are different. U are A FTWM with 4 kids how to share amoung with times with them. It's very hard for u too.... don't get too worry....