Google

Monday, May 26, 2008

We will refer……

My mum has been in the hospital for 2 days & I didn’t get to meet any of the doctors. Managed to find out from the nurse yesterday that mum is having urine infection. I’m surprised, will urine infection caused chest pain??? Giving them benefit of doubts.

Received a call from the doctor today & was told that they suspected mum is suffering from bone/muscle infection that leading to the pain. They will refer mum to the general surgeon for them to investigate further.

Called mum in the afternoon & knew that she was not given any food after breakfast & she was not on drip too cos she is going for a CT scan at 6pm.

Reached the hospital at 7.15pm & was surprised that mum has not gone for the scan. The nurse was shocked to see me & explained that there is some delay due to some other urgent cases. Another nurse explained that I can go to foodcourt to get some fruit juice for mum as hospital does not provide this & it would be alright for the patient to go without food/drip. I was shocked!!!

The answer I got from another nurse when I asked why mum was not on drip - “the doctor did not write that when they do their round, I’ll ask the on-call doctor later after her scan”. Would the doctor has forgot about this? Shouldn’t the nurse remind/ask the doctor on this?

Mum was sent for the CT scan at 8pm & when she was back to her bed, the nurse explained that too much water will cause breathlessness hence she is not given the drip.

No comments: