Google

Monday, November 5, 2007

Mumps attack

Randson had a fever since last Friday & mum called to say that he still have fever so I’ll have to bring him to the doctor again. On the way to the doctor, we met his Chinese teacher & she praised Randson for achieving at least 70% in his SA2 as compared to the 30% for SA1. She is going to give him a silver badge as a form of recognition, isn’t it great!!! I’m really glad to hear that & happened to touch his cheek & he shouted, “OUCH!!! Pain!!!”

OMG, his right cheek near his ear area was swollen & doctor confirmed that he has mumps. Hiaz, really hope he recover soon, it must be super painful.

I asked the doctor should I get someone born in the year of Tiger to write “虎” (tiger in Chinese) on his cheek, Dr Ong laughed & said, “if you believe that, you can try out.” Heeheehee, I did that by asking Nickson to write “虎” on both of Randson’s cheek. The kids were so curious why am I doing this, I told them, “Mumps are also called 猪头皮 so we have to write 虎 to eat up the pig, then he will recover.” I know you must be laughing at me in believing this kind of old maid’s tale but if it does help to cure him, I would do it.

P.S. Wanted to say “thank you” to Dr Ong but I was at a loss of words, I wanted to say “Thank you Dr Ong for giving me discount whenever my kids are here for treatment, I really need & appreciate this!!!” I will do it the next time I see him (of cos I wish I don’t have to see him, heehee) cos life is unpredictable, if you love someone, tell him/her you love them & if you need to show your appreciation, do it while you can.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was rather interesting for me to read the blog. Thank you for it. I like such topics and anything connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

It was very interesting for me to read that blog. Thanks for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read more soon.