Google

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Funtasia@Fort Canning Green

Another outing – family day organized by the company I’m working with. Johnson started to “nag” when I told him we were to leave home at 2pm to attend Funtasia cos he would rather stayed home & played computer games. It was kind of sad, why can’t we leave home happily for all outings???

We arrived at City Hall MRT station to take the shuttle bus to Fort Canning & upon arriving, the kids were saying “huh, this place again?”, this is where we watched “Charlotte’s Web” previously.

We started off by collecting our door gift & we saw a long queue at the Wax Hand store, so we decided to join the queue, aren’t our hands colourful???

The Early Bird draw started at 4pm & I heard my number being called when I was making my left wax hand. I wasn’t paying attention, till the host say “8034, 1st call, 8034 2nd call…”, then I realized it was my number, I ran all the way out to the middle of the field & with my hand being wax & shouted, “it’s me, it’s me, wait wait.” pointing at my waxed hand. The host laughed & said, “oh, you are making wax hand, ok, we will hold on to your gift & you can come back later.” I must have embarrassed myself cos I really don’t know what to do, the wax has dried up on my hand & I felt it was hard. Luckily after soaking in the wax mixture, they are able to removed my “Wax hand” & I went up the stage to collect my gift (a $100 World of Sport Voucher) & took a photo with our Country Manager.

After that, we went to the snack stores & helped ourselves with popcorns, home made ice cream, bbq chicken stay, jumbo otah otah, cheesy hotdogs, honey baked drumlets, fish nuggets, baby coconut drink, tutu kuteh & cup corn. Though it was raining, the kids enjoyed the snacks without any complaints.

The whole afternoon/evening, we were entertained by magical show, belly dance, drumatics, band & fireflys performances. My kids were not interested in the performance so we went to queue for our dinner & luckily the rain stopped at this time. After having our dinner, we started to explore the Games store & won some compasses, glue, liquid paper, etc.

Then Cynthia suggested that we go for face painting but the queue was too long, so I decided to go for airbrush tattoo with Allyson & he chose the butterfly design while I took the rose design. Heehee, once we got our tattoo done, Cynthia is still queuing for the face painting.

So Allyson & myself went over to the Kids’ corner with Oi Lin, Nicole & Natasha to do some crafts while the boys were still at the game store.

As usual no luck for the Grand Draw & the program ended at 8pm sharp.

No comments: