Google

Friday, December 28, 2007

Mild Stroke

“Hello Lilian, your mum has just came to see me & we suspect she is suffering from mild stroke. Please bring her to the hospital immediately.”

OMG, what should I do, what happened? I tried to stay calm but my tears started to roll… nothing is going to happen, mum is alright, I shouldn’t cry in front of her.

I hated the unknown fear of the mild stroke, gave another call to the GP & he explained rhat stroke,is either caused by internal bleeding or a blockage of the blood vessel. If it is a blockage, mum will be able to recover fast & if it is internal bleeding, then this is more serious. Explained same to mum & she looked calm (I know she is stronger than me).

At A&E, mum was sent for ECG & was pushed (on bed) to the consultation area. OMG, my tears rolled again. The waiting time was torturing & Nickson asked, “Mummy, why are you crying?” “Mummy is worried, Mummy is scared, Mummy don’t know what happened to Ah Ma, don’t know if she is ok.”

Finally the doctor came & told me that Mum was alright but they have to admit her for a day to do a CT scan (head)… upon hearing this I started to smile, what a RELIEF!!!

Thanks God, it’s over!!! Mum get well soon!!!

No comments: