Google

Friday, June 15, 2007

Trip to Haw Par Villa (虎豹别墅)

We planned to go Haw Par Villa today but it started to rain in the morning, were quite worried but luckily the rain stopped about 12 noon.

We took a train to Buona Vista & from there we were supposed to take Bus 200 to Haw Par Villa. We waited at the wrong bus stop & have to go all the way back to the MRT station to cross over the bridge to the other side of the road to take the bus. We waited for about 20 mins & there is no sign of Bus 200 & the weather was so warm that the kids started to grumble. So no choice, we took a cab to Haw Par Villa instead.

Upon reaching there, their eyes were wide opened & shouted, "Wow, this is such a big place. We thought it is quite small when Daddy drove past the other day."

We proceeded immediately to the "Ten Courts of Hell" & the kids were amazed by the sculptures there but I believed they were quite fearful of the punishments & Johnson kept on asking, "Mummy, if we do a little bad things & lots of good things, will we be going onto the silver bridge?" Kids don't worry, as long we do good things & not harming others, it would be ok.

Wow, this was the Haw Par brothers' villa & their Tiger car, so big & nice!

We bought a packet of the fish food from the restaurant to feed the fishes & tortoises, they seemed to be extremely hungry. Every fish food that was thrown in was eaten up immediately. Don't think much people visited Haw Par Villa now, my colleagues were asking me, "is it still around?" when I told them I'm going to bring my kids here (sad).

Beautiful memories of the place came into my mind, my grandma, dad & mum when we were here during my younger days. I really regretted, I should have made an effort to remember the stories which they have told me when we walked past every sculptures.

Some of the sculptures situated at the end of the Villa were running down, the painting peeled off & colour faded. By seeing this, my heart really sink... ... Isn't this a good place for us to teach our kids moral values but some of the displays (including those of filial piety) were fenced up due to the Circled line (MRT) constructions. What a disappointment!

This is a photo taken at the toilet, not bad, at least the toilet was well maintained. Btw, didn't know this plant do bear fruits.

Have to take more photos, just in case...

Kids, remembered the "Tae Gong" we saw in Maple Story, he fished without a hook. He is here in Haw Par Villa too.

"Mummy, panda panda, take photo take photo." Allyson shouted.

"I want to see Sumo." Nickson said. But when we were there, he refused to take a photo with the Sumo. However Allyson wanted me to carry her & took a photo with the Sumo, I was thinking, she might be quite scare cos the Sumo was so huge as compared to her size.

Well, the kids must have an enjoyable time here & we took Bus # 10 home & all of them fell asleep in the bus.


"Are you happy today, my lovely babies?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i tot the place closed down? I rem i been Haw Par Villa when i was young also. Scary.... the 13th hell. you kids not scared?

Chin Family of 6 said...

No, it's still there.

Yalor, when we were at the 10 courts of Hell, it is kind of scary cos it is in the cave, then lighting is quite dim inside. Luckily before us, there is a group of tourists so not so scary...hehehe

Btw, I didn't do any "bad" things so I not scare..hahaha