Google

Saturday, March 3, 2007

Attend talk at East Spring Primary School


Attended 2 talks today :
1. Anger & conflict management for Parents &
2. Imparting values to our children


The reasons why I signed up these talks :
1. Anger was triggered whenever I'm having stress, esp at work & this will affect my family life.
2. I have learnt some anger management tips before & would like to take this opportunity to refresh my memory.
3. Whether I have done the right thing or imparting values to my kids the right way.
4. What kind of values or additional values which I'm not aware of or have overlooked.


Gains from these talks :
1. Anger management tips, life examples of others & how they handle their anger.
2. The way to impart values is to spend more time with our children, giving them life examples by telling them about the stories of ourselves (right & wrong things which we did before), why these are correct or incorrect & how should we be reacting/doing if these are wrong.


Negatives of these talks :
1. Most parents are late for the talk, hence the talk was delayed.
2. The timing of the talks supposed to end at 12 noon but when we arrived at the school, it stated as 12.45pm.
3. Due to the delay & change of timing, I have 5 hungry cum angry person at home.


Have to rush to buy lunch for my kids & mum after the talks.

No comments: