Google

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Reading aloud for the kids


It has been a long, long time I have not read a story for my kids & I have broken my record by reading 2 today (all books are borrowed fm Morris Allen Study Centre).

First story is "Rosie on the Swing", it is a funny story about Rosie, whom like to say "More" & ended up on the tree when she was playing on the Swing. The kids have a great laugh when they heard "a Pigeon on Rosie's head".
Second story is "Richard Scarry's Little Counting Book", this is more on additional, eg 1 bunny with 1 bunny is 2 bunnies, etc.
Kind of tired after reading these books aloud but if this can help my kids to improve their English & studies, I am willing to do so. (Luckily they never request to read the third book, Thomas Railway Word Book, as this book is full of words!!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

to be honest, though i'm sahm but i also dun read much to my kid. reading before bedtime is not our habit. does yr elder read to the younger ones?

Chin Family of 6 said...

No, they hardly do so. They have stopped reading completely. Johnson used to read when he is in P1 & P2 but stopped when he started to play computer games & he felt that borrowing books from the library is very mafun cos have to return by certain day. The rest never have reading habits except Allyson, she loved to read but she doesn't know the words, hence I hope I can help her to cultivate the habit.