Google

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Start to worry... ...

Received a memo from Randson's teacher & understand that most of the students in his class are having reading problem. Most of the students scored well in their DE1 cos the teacher read out the questions to them but most of them failed their DE2 as they were left on their own to do the test.

Oh no, I believed Randson is one of them as he is unable to read the problem sums in the eLearning portal. I started to worry, he is now in Primary 1 & if I do not do something about it, he would not be able to catch up with his studies.

Cynthia advised me to sign him up for British Council or Morris Allen classes. Called British Council, most of their classes were filled up & Randson has to pass the reading test if not he will have to wait till July 2007 for the new classes. So I decided not to wait but signed him up at Morris Allen. Wow the classes are so expensive, 2 hours' weekend class for $52 (I am really shocked to see this), hopefully it does work out just like what Cynthia said, though it is expensive but you will see result.

As a mother, I really hope it will help Randson in improving his studies cos I really do not know how to help him. I have been so busy with work & housework, maybe these are just excuses that I have came up with but truly : "Kids, Mummy is putting in my utmost effort to give you the best I can & of course I wish to teach/coach you on my own however I have no choice but to "outsource" these to the experts!!! Don't worry, Mummy will be there (unless I have to work late or during the weekend) waiting for you while you are in the class. Just put in your best effort to learn & have enjoyable session with the schools!!!"

4 comments:

YanZ said...

he'll catch up, don't worry :) can let him learn phonics... v useful for spelling too :)

Chin Family of 6 said...

Hiaz, he knew phonics but don't know why he don't apply. Spelling he has no problem if he learn beforehand, he will get all correct. But when you put all the words into a sentence, he will be totally blank.

Anonymous said...

what is DE1 and DE2?

Chin Family of 6 said...

My son's school no more CA1 or CA2 (continuous assessment) so they are given diagnostic test/exam (DE) to test them on how much they have learnt during these period.