Google

Friday, April 13, 2007

Losing my job soon to Globalisation?

A few big shots came to Singapore from our headoffice in US & they are here to tell us about "Globalisation" - such a common word but ... ... it might take away my job.

With globalisation would mean a single office in any part of the world is able to process transactions for the whole wide world, perhaps I would call it a Centralised Processing Centre ... ... jobs will be taken from the regional or countries to this Centre. What would happened to the people here? Either you learn new skills for jobs that are still available in your country or you will be out of job, what should I do? Learn new skill set, I am just a contract staff, am I able to compete with the regulars? Find a new job, I am going 40 soon, will other companies accept me? Will there be a paycut just like before? I'm lost ... a mindful of question marks.

No comments: